Friday, June 5, 2009

Back Squats

5-5-5-5-5


I was pretty nervous going into the workout tonight...I had made up my mind that I was not going to try to go to heavy but Coach had other things in mind. Which is one of the many reasons why I have so much respect for him...he helps me find my strength! As a result I actually hit a PR for 5's!!

Round 1 ~ 115 lbs ~ I decided to start light because...well because I was not going to go to heavy.

Round 2 ~ 125 lbs ~ Still on my low plan, then Coach looked at the board to see how much I did last time...he told to add 20 pounds for the next round. Eeesh....

Round 3 ~ 145 lbs ~ HEAVY but I did it.....Coach said to add 5 to each side.

Round 4 ~ 155 lbs ~ I got underneath the bar and felt that horrible panicky feeling...I stepped away from the bar and told Coach that I didn't want to do it. My friend Tricia started to take off the extra 5 lbs from each side but Coach stopped her and asked me to at least try it....which I did AND success.....a new PR for 5's !!!!

Round 5 ~ 145 lbs ~ Sweet relief!

AND I did not even cry!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice Patty!! I wasn't there, but I was rootin' for ya!

    ReplyDelete