Monday, September 28, 2009

Fight Gone Bad IV


Anyone who knows me, knows that I have a bit of a cautious nature and am pretty reluctant to try new things....to say the least.

When the opportunity arose to do this workout for charity, my first response was no! Mainly because I was worried about raising the money that it would take to participate, I was more then willing to contribute, I just did not want to have to "ask" for people to donate for me. After some pushing from a friend (Ellen), I agreed to do it and was quite surprised that I actually raised over $200.00.....thank you to everyone who gave to this great cause!!

My second and equal concern to money was the actual workout, especially after I found out that the 20" box was involved! I have this love/hate relationship with the box jump and especially with the 20" box jump....I LOVE it when I can do it and HATE it when I fail!!!

The days leading up to the workout were consumed with thoughts of the dreaded box jump! Then before I knew it, I was in the gym warming up for "The Workout".....Which consisted of the following:

The Rules for Fight Gone Bad

The CrossFit workout is ‘Fight Gone Bad.’ In this workout you spend one minute at each of five stations, resulting in a a five-minute round after which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. This event calls for three rounds. The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. On call of ‘rotate,’ the athletes must move to the next station immediately. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower, where each calorie is one point. The stations are:
Wall-ball, 10 ft target (Reps)
Sumo deadlift high-pull (Reps)
Box jump (Reps)
Push-press (Reps)
Row (Calories)

Standard Women = 55lb push-press and sumo deadlift high pull, 14lb wall-ball and 20 inch box Jump

Ellen and I decided to partner up and I would go first while she counted my reps and coached me. We could go in any order we wanted, so we decided that I would go in the following order; Sumo deadlift high-pull, box jump, push-press, row and end with Wall-ball.

The Sumo deadlift high-pull was actually pretty easy with only 55 lbs and I did 28 reps the first minute. Next was the 20" Box Jump....I walked up to it, set myself up AND.....NOTHING, I could not make myself jump for anything, you heard me right....I freakin' FROZE. I could hear Ellen encouraging me...I could hear the spectators encouraging me....I even heard Joe yelling for me AS he was jumping but nothing happened! Then the minute was up and I moved on to the push-press....The next round and the next, was the same results with the box jump...I completely and totally choked but even with that failure, I still came up with some pretty decent numbers overall:

Round 1
SDHP - 28
Box Jump - 0
Push-Press - 12
Row - 6 Calories burned
Wall-Ball - 7

Round 2
SDHP - 18
Box Jump - 0
Push-Press - 13
Row - 8 CB
Wall-Ball - 8

Round 3
SDHP - 20
Box Jump - 0 (I did do 3 step-ups, hoping it would help - it didn't)
Push-Press - 8
Row - 7 CB
Wall-Ball - 7

TOTAL
SDHP =66
Box Jump = 0
Push-Press = 33
Row = 21 CB
Wall-Ball= 22

Grand Total = 142 Reps

1 comment:

  1. Patty - you rocked it!! This will be the absolute LAST time that you let that silly ol' box get the best of you!!

    By the way, I will always push you to do something that I want to do....I need a partner in crime!!

    ReplyDelete