Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Press/Front squat

3 rounds for max weight of:
- 3 strict presses
- 3 front squats


This was a very tough workout for me...coming into the gym tonight, I was not feeling it...I had to wear my glasses because I broke a blood vessel in one eye and it was really red and sore. I hate wearing my glasses to workout....Yuck! Plus Front Squats are something I really struggle with....

Round 1:
We started with the Strict Presses and I started at 65 lbs which felt pretty good.
I also decided to go with 65 lbs on the Front Squat and it also felt amazingly good.

Round 2:
Press:
I moved upt to 75 lbs...it was a bit of a struggle but I did it.
FS: Since the 65 lbs felt so good, I decided to go for 90 lbs and it felt really good as well.

Round 3:
Press: I knew I was not supposed to go to failure but had decided to go with 80 lbs and managed to get 1 rep in and stopped because I was pretty sure I was not going to be able to get the other two reps in.
FS: Since I was feeling in the groove and my previous PR was 125 lbs...I decided to go for a new PR of 130 lbs. On my first attempt I did not squat all the way down, so Coach would not count it. On the second attempt the bar felt SO flippin' heavy that I immediately got in my own head but managed to get down and up. On the third attempt I was on my way down and did not think I could get back up, so I dumped the bar which hit a plate and bounced back and hit me in the shin (I have a really pretty bruise there already). That was it, the tears started and I did not think I would be able to finish...I wasn't crying because I was hurt but because I was frustrated and freaked out and just could not imagine doing anymore reps. But Coach had me settle down and I did manage to get in 3 that counted....Whew...what a night!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Patty!! You're PR's seem to come with tears. Don't beat yourself up, it's become part of it. Think of it this way, next time you start welling up, you can KNOW you're gonna do better than ever!

    Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete