Sunday, May 31, 2009

Filthy Fifty

- 50 box jumps (24"/20")
- 50 jumping pullups
- 50 kettlebell swings (16 kg/12 kg)
- 50 walking lunges
- 50 knees-to-elbows
- 50 push press (45#/35#)
- 50 back extensions
- 50 wallballs (20#/16#)
- 50 burpees
- 50 double-unders

for time

I have to say when I saw this workout come up, I was not looking forward to it at all! It had already been an especially hard week and the thought of this doing this metcon workout was daunting. I did give it my all because that is the CrossFit way!

I decided to start with Walking Lunges and with Coach's "encouragement" touched my knees to the floor more times then not.

I then moved on to Knees to Elbows, which is a lot harder then it sounds....I had to chaulk up my hands a few times as they kept on feeling like they were slipping on the rings.

I then did Back Extensions.

Next was Kettlebell Swings....no problem, I got all 50 out without stopping.

Then it was on to the Push Presh, which for some reason I thought was a Shoulder Press until 15 into when Coach corrected me.

Next was jumping pullups...it took me a little while because by this time my legs were starting to shake and I was already feeling like I was CTD (Circling the Drain).

I then moved on to Double-Unders which was a HUGE struggle for me.

Next was the dreaded box jump...I opted to do the 16" because I was so darn tired and quite frankly a little scared. It took me forever but I did get through it (with only a few tears).

Then time was up....I finished in something like 47 minutes.

I never did get to burpees or wallball.....

1 comment: