Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Death by Pullup

With a continuously running clock, perform one pullup the first minute, two the second, three the third, and so on until you cannot complete the prescribed number. Breaks between pullups are permitted, as long as the required number is completed within the minute.

After the "last man standing" fails, there will be a 2 minute rest, followed by a second round. The score is the total number of completed pullups in the workout.

Scale the workout down by using enough assistance to allow approximately 8-12 pullups in a row while fresh. Scale the workout up by adding enough additional weight to limit continuous pullups to 8-12 repetitions while fresh.

I have always like this workout...I did not do as many as I did last time but I think I was pulling a lot harder this time.

Round 1 ~ 14+13 = 118
Round 2 ~ 10 + 9 = 64

Total ~ 182

Modifications: Minis, Low Bar, Jumping

2 comments:

  1. You were pulling harder this time - no doubt about it!...at least from my view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man that just seems way to hard. Better you doing it than me.

    ReplyDelete