Monday, February 2, 2009

Kettlebell Renegade Rows (3-count)

10 reps x 7 sets for weight

There is no time component to this workout, and weight may be changed between sets.


Wow....tough workout for me!!

I started with 12 lbs for the 1st Round

I continued with 12 lbs for Round 2 but had to break it up because I was feeling a "tweak" in my back...7+3

Round 3...I moved up to 20 lbs but still had to break it up...5+3+2

Round 4....20 lbs broken up...4+4+2 ~ Coach asked why I was having to breakup the rounds and I explained that my upper back (between the shoulder blades) was hurting.

Round 5....20 lbs broken up....4+3+3 ~ Coach said that I was letting my butt sink during my pushups and that is what was probably affecting my back...so he had me switch to knee pushups.

Round 6....20 lbs...knee pushups

Round 7.....20 lbs...knee pushups....my back felt fine during the last two sets.

The good news is there is no place to go but up!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ok chiquita all this means is during warm up - your goal is one pushup with good form. I think these will improve as you get better with the overall pushup form. Just 1 - we'll get you there!

    ReplyDelete