Thursday, February 26, 2009

Front squats

3-3-3-3-3

I have never been a big fan of the Front Squat....last time we did 5's and I got the following:

75/80/85/90/95

This time it was 3's and with Cheri's encouragement (Thank you Cheri) I decided to hit it a little harder.

1st round ~ 85....it felt pretty good
2nd round ~ 95....it still felt pretty good...from this point on I was going into PR territory!
3rd round ~ 105....it was starting to feel pretty heavy but I was still managing to squat all the way down to the box.
4th round ~ 115.....whew, but I did it!
5th round ~ 125.....I was feeling a little panicky, the sucker was HEAVY and I was not getting down all the way to the box but I was so afraid that once I got down there I would not be able to get back up....next time I will be more prepared for that heavy of a weight.

1 comment: