Sunday, January 11, 2009

CrossFit Goals

Yesterday after a morning of embracing TGU's....Coach, Rich, Ellen and I went to lunch. During that time the topic turned toward our goals for this next year. I am not normally a big resolution person but I can understand the validity of goal setting. My main fear is one of failure.....what if I don't achieve my goals?? Which in itself is negative thinking, are you starting to see the tangled web of my mind....so in an attempt to show my new positive side, I am writing down a few reachable goals for this year!

Double-umders - I am going to strive to get those elusive suckers under my belt.

Pullups - I would like to be out of bands within the next six months.

Deadlifts - I would like to be able to hit 320 lbs. My current PR is 255, so I do believe this doable.

Oly Lifts - I would really like to get my technique down!

Helen - I would like to get it done in 11 minutes or less....I am currently at a little over 14 minutes.

Okay, that is the short list....I think I will print this up and put it on my refrigerator and check each item off as the goal is achieved! How's that for positive thinking!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Isn't it strange how certain thoughts invade your mind, until you state them outright? It's kind of like an earworm!

    ReplyDelete