Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Death by Pullup

With a continuously running clock, perform one pullup the first minute, two the second, three the third, and so on until you cannot complete the prescribed number. Breaks between pullups are permitted, as long as the required number is completed within the minute.

After the "last man standing" fails, there will be a 2 minute rest, followed by a second round. The score is the total number of completed pullups in the workout.

Scale the workout down by using enough assistance to allow approximately 8-12 pullups in a row while fresh. Scale the workout up by adding enough additional weight to limit continuous pullups to 8-12 repetitions while fresh.




Let's first talk about my modifications....I used mini bands on the low bar, jumping.

That being said...I still feel pretty good about how I did.....

First Round: 13 + 12 = 103
Second Round: 12 + 9 = 87
Total: 190

Tomorrow is a snatch night.....I wish it was cleans but we can't always get everything we want. I'm sure it will be good for me.

2 comments:

  1. You should feel better than "pretty good" about what you did. Don't knock your achievements you silly monkey!
    ....and I'm glad it's snatch night - I'm over the cleans!! Gimme a snatch night anyday.

    Wow - that kind of sound horrible huh?? Funny....but not so good.

    ReplyDelete